The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Irish Step Dancing

I happened upon a Groupon last Fall for some Irish step dancing classes, and since I love all things Irish, I asked Maisie if she'd be interested in giving it a shot. She and her cousin Caitlyn both decided they'd like to try it, which I was glad of, as Maisie would have someone she knew in the class. Sadly, it took us nearly six months to actually make it to that first class, but once they got there, they loved it!
And after only two classes, they were able to do this:
Maisie still has a little left to learn on that dance, as you can see, but they're both picking it up amazingly fast, and are interested in continuing lessons even after the Groupon runs out. The best part is, the school is run by actual guys from Ireland, and we all get a little twitterpated listening to them talk. The bad news is, they don't let parents watch the practices, something about them being able to get better results without us there. I'm not super thrilled about that for multiple reasons, but I guess we'll see how it goes. It's been pretty exciting to see the quick progress they've made, and how much they enjoy doing it. Who knows, maybe we have some future Riverdancers in the making!

No comments: