The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Bayly Property Trip

So I know this happened back in July, but as you can see, the blogging has taken a bit of a backseat lately. So bear with me. Or don't, no one is forcing you to read my blog :).

The Bayly's went up to the property again this year and we all had a swell time, just as chock full of critters as last year. I don't know what it is about those kids, but they always manage to find and befriend the wildlife.
I was shocked that Finn agreed to hold the horny toad, and he only did it for a second or two, but he still held it, and didn't freak out. Emily and Megan actually managed to catch one of the rampant chipmunks hanging out around the Bowery.
Our first day there, it didn't take me very long to realize I'd forgotten a bunch of stuff; namely, a pair of shoes other than the flipflops I was currently wearing. After a trip into Price, I managed to secure myself these bad boys with a stop in the men's section at Walmart. Yep, the men's section. All the women's shoes were hideous.
Dany was a big helper, as far as getting the tent trailer cranked up.
And Rory spent a good deal of time entertaining herself building "fires". Thank heavens dirt isn't flammable.
Pretty adorable
Finn entertained himself by hanging out with his cousins. Megan became a particular favorite.
He also loved to watch Tiff's dog, and pet her whenever he could manage.
He cracked us all up, when for some odd reason, we found him sitting in Cocoa's little bed under the Bowery. He just barely fit inside it.
He also helped Dad redistribute some large gravel, one tiny shovelful at a time.
We hit the Desert Wave again, and most of us had a fun time, except for Finn who was rather traumatized when a wave tossed him off his tube. Here he is clinging to Teag for dear life.
The Baylys/Milligans/Kings were kind enough to assist in a service project of delimbing, cutting, and hauling firewood.
While at the Walmart buying shoes, Carolyn and I also picked up some glowstick globes, which made for some pretty entertaining campfires.
We also played a boatload of games, including mine and Teag's new favorite, Pandemic. It was a lovely weekend, with pretty mild weather, good food, and good company. Thanks to the Bayly Clan for an awesome time!

No comments: