Our summer seemed to fly by at an ever accelerating pace, and we still haven't seemed to figure out that it's over yet. In the past few weeks we've had many big events, but also some smaller, albeit noteworthy events. And some plain old miscellaneous stuff.
First up, Legos. Our three oldest got grounded from all forms of media for a substantial chunk of time, and as such, had to look for other methods of entertainment. They started playing with some of Maisie's sets, as well as the small amount of random Legos we own. This led to much fighting, wailing, and gnashing of teeth. So Teag and I talked back and forth, wondering if we could find some random Legos somewhere. I researched on KSL, and long story short, we ended up buying roughly 14 lbs of miscellaneous bricks, minifigs, specialty pieces, etc, from two different people on KSL. Total $ spent? $170. Satisfaction gained? Priceless. Honestly, this has been one of the best purchases ever. Totally worth it.
Early in August, Meg and I took Maisie, Danyn and Henry to see Mary Poppins at Hale Centre Theater. This version is much different than the one Disney put out, and I'm not entirely sure I liked it, but it was still fun to take the kids and have that adventure with them.
Speaking of shows, I was perusing Facebook one day, and came across an invite to a concert that night for a group called Ultimi. They are a group of three tenors, one of which was my buddy Tyler Nelson from high school!
Teag was gracious enough to let me drag him to the Assembly Hall on a Saturday night to watch a concert comprised largely of opera, but in the end, we both really enjoyed the show, and it was good to break out of the usual routine of dinner and a movie. I was excited to see my friend perform; he has one of the most amazing voices I've ever heard, and he was also one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. I wish the absolute best for him. And when he's famous, I can say that I sang with him back in high school :).
Next up, I'll focus a little on Dany. Spunky little Dany. She has been very slow in losing her teeth, but a few weeks ago, this happened!
Dany is also fairly athletic, and she's always bouncing, climbing, twirling and tumbling her way around the house. One day, she discovered she could do this.
Then Maisie wanted to see if she could try.
I was half tempted to see if we could fit Rory in at the bottom. Lastly is this pic of Dany and Rory with their cereal box fort. I remember doing this as a kid; not sure if all kids do this or not, but it made me smile to see that being perpetuated. Even if it makes me crazy at the same time.
Next up is Finn. He is seriously one affectionate kid. I have so many pictures lately of him planting one on me or some other related female. He's practicing now, refining his skill for when he hits that Pre-K classroom and can begin wooing the ladies.
Gotta love him.
Well that's all of the randomness I can handle for the moment. On to the bigger stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment