The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The Pooptacular Property Trip

The annual Labor Day property trip came and went, with a serious excess of excrement to mark it. I'm not kidding, there was a whole lot of poop. All of my kids had some sort of pooptastrophe, but none of them topped Finn, whose bowels went on hyper drive once we hit 9,000 feet.

I was solo on this particular camping trip, as Teag was stuck working convention, and then flying the boss back to California afterwards. As such, I didn't bring up the trailer; we all camped out in the shed instead. We arrived Saturday around lunch time, making impressive if slightly alarming good time up there. 1:35 from start to finish. I know, don't say it; my mom already has.

It wasn't long after I arrived that Kevin and my dad decided to rig up the zip line. The kids absolutely love this, and haven't done it for a few years. They're all a fair bit bigger, and there's several more of them, so we learned that the zip line becomes quite the undertaking now. Even still, they all had fun.
The good news is, that even with all that waiting, the kids were fairly patient, and found ways to amuse themselves.
Just can't get my milk!
Finn, in particular, spent quite a bit of time mooching on the ladies of the family.
That boy knows how to work it! He also spent some quality time with Uncle Kevy in his trailer, doing some mooching of a different kind, this time for handfuls of Boston Baked Beans.
The kids also spent a fun time on Sunday after church, allowing the wind to blow bubbles for them.
There was also paddle ball, in which Finn became incredibly intense, shouting "mack it, Mack it! (smack it)" over and over again.
This trip was particularly momentous, as every single person in the family was there, minus Teag. That means all seventeen grandkids were present and accounted for. That's a preponderance of Rogers progeny. Say that five times fast.
And here's a picture of me, just to prove I was there. Since I was all by my onesies, I was also the one taking all the pictures.
And last but not least, here is one of the older kids, being dorks around the fire.
It was a fun, but exhausting trip, and I really wish Teag could have been there with us. The kids had a great time having ALL their cousins there, and it was really great to be able to spend time with Nate and Elle since we don't see them too often.

Farewell Property, until next year!

No comments: