A few weeks ago I posted about all of my little Mister's "Finnanigans", which have continued full force it's true, but I should have also posted a little of the opposite side of his personality as well, to even things out. Allow me to correct that oversight now.
Like my other children, Finn is full of words. He has no problem explaining himself, asking for what he needs, or expressing concern. He uses these words frequently, and often with great hilarity. "Wanna piece a water? Too bad!" We're still not sure why it's a "piece" of water, but hey, we're rolling with it.
Finn is one of the cuddliest people alive. When he sees me in the morning, he runs to me and gives me a big squeeze and says, "Wanna cuddle wis me?" I've been late to many an appointment in the mornings because I couldn't say no to that invitation. Same thing in the afternoons when he wakes up from his nap. He comes immediately to me, sits on my lap for a good 10-15 minutes, and snuggles with me while he sucks his thumb and makes the transition to fully awake. I know I have a limited amount of these moments left, so I try to cherish them as much as I can.
Even when it's the middle of the night.
He's had an ear infection lately, and was crying and moaning, "Owie Mom, hurts!" We gave him some medicine, but he wasn't settling down, so I went into his room to help him relax while we waited for the medicine to kick in. I knelt on the floor, and laid my head down on his bed, rubbing his leg to comfort him. Suddenly I felt his little hand flop on my head, and he rubbed it back and forth, returning the favor. It was very early morning, I was cold and exhausted, but that brought a huge smile to my face.
Every night at dinner, we go around and share something we're thankful for. Finn doesn't know what "thankful" means yet, so we ask him what makes him happy. Even though he repeats himself often, we've been pleasantly surprised by some of his answers. He's mentioned church, and family, flying with Dad, windows, dinner, and even Grandpa. Many times throughout the day, he'll ask any one of us, "What make-a you happy?" And then he wants you to ask him in return.
Many times at dinner Finn will say, unsolicited, "Thanks for making dinner, Mom". I love this. It's so incredibly sweet, and I love that it comes from him, not from parroting someone else.
He's determined to be helpful, and is always asking if he can help with dinner, chores, yard work, or cleaning. He's a good little worker.
He tells me he loves me all the time, usually with a giant squeeze or kiss attached.
I've had so much fun with my little Finny, and know that even though he'll be keeping me on my toes, he makes up for it with an awfully sweet side.
And here's just a little fun Finny fact: I've mentioned how much Finn loves his airplane blanket. It's his absolute favorite blanket, and no other one will do. He sleeps with every night, and cuddles it for a good chunk of every day. As it's gotten colder, we've tried to bundle more blankets around him at night, to keep him warm. Finn doesn't like this, and so we have to sneak in and do it when he's asleep. Often in the morning, we can find the offending blankets tossed on the floor. His distaste for them is so great, that even in his sleep he will try pushing them off while I try not to laugh and wake him up.
No comments:
Post a Comment