Halloween was a lot of craziness this year! Teag and I are learning very quickly that our kids are growing up; lots of parties, lots of dressing up, and Maisie's last ever year to Trick or Treat. Behold the passage of time.
Costumes this year included a Gypsy:
A Spider Girl:
A Fireman:
And Queen Amidala:
Teag was able to go to the kiddie parade on Friday at the school, and it was fun to see how excited the kids were to see him.
Then came Saturday, and pumpkin carving! Every kid had some specific ideas about what they wanted their pumpkins to look like, but some had a little difficulty in the execution. Finn hasn't been feeling well and had a major meltdown beforehand, so he didn't get to carve his. Below you will see Dany's ghost, Maisie's silly face, and Rory's Frankenstein. You'll also see my awesome TARDIS!
I'm a total nerd, I know, but I had a lot of fun carving this, even with all the tiny, precise detail.
That night, we went to my mom's for our annual Spooky Dinner. Once again, she outdid herself. We dined on Snake bread sticks:
Deviled Egg Mice:
Eyeballs:
Spider Pizza:
And Dirt Cups (my personal favorite):
Finny was willing to try an eyeball, but wasn't a big fan.
We managed to get a pretty decent picture of all the kids in their costumes too. There's always a first for everything!
The kids were a lot hardier this year with their Trick or Treating than they've been in the past. They traversed much more of the neighborhood, and came home with a pretty serious haul. I think they were all pretty pleased with themselves, and everyone slept REALLY well that night.
Happy Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment