The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Tree Decorating

Tree decorating got delayed a bit this year, due to a change in our lighting apparatus. We had several strands go out on us last year, and in an attempt to find a solution to both that and the regular hassle of stringing lights, I ordered some new ones from Amazon. They're tiny LED's attached to copper wire; super flexible, and bright, and the cord is almost invisible. I ordered something like 265 feet, thinking that would be more than enough. Turns out it only does about half your tree. I think part of that is due to the fact that you are able to wrap even the tiniest of branches with these lights, so you end up using much more than you might with the green-wired ones. I went to order some more, only to discover that they were back-ordered to Decemeber 10th. Needless to say, we had some disappointed kids. We finally got our lights though, and in all honesty, they are really cool. They're so tiny, they look like they're part of the tree itself.
 It is a big bummer though, to not be able to go out to any store and buy more if you run short. We got all the lights put on finally this past Thursday, and the kids were bursting at the seams to finally get the chance to hang the ornaments.
It doesn't feel quite like Christmas until you have your tree up, lit and decorated. I love that mellow glow from the lights, and the memories encased in each and every ornament. Merry Christmas to all!

No comments: