The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Snowshoeing

Teag and I bought some snowshoes more than a month ago, but there had been so little snow we never had any opportunity to use them. Well, Christmas day changed that pretty fast. So a few days after the holiday, we headed up Emigration Canyon to test them, and our endurance out. It was honestly quite a lovely day, and we were high enough to be above the inversion in the valley.
I'm not going to lie though, snowshoeing is a lot of work. I had to take frequent breathers, and I like to think I'm in pretty decent shape. Still, it was a lot of fun.
Our shoes were easy to put on, easy to adjust, and didn't make us feel too much like we had to change our way of walking to accommodate them.
And in the process we got to see some pretty spectacular views. As well as burn a ridiculous amount of calories!
It's definitely an activity I hope to be repeating more in the future!

No comments: