We arrived in Cody behind a Skywest Regional Jet, with gusty winds knocking us around on final approach. Levon made a nice touchdown with some, uh, instructor-induced rudder assistance. The folks at the airport gave us a courtesy car and even arranged to get us into the museum for free! Great people!
Levon and his wife, Anastasia, were starving when we landed, so before hitting the museum, we stopped for lunch in an old hotel/restaurant purported to have been owned/operated by Buffalo Bill himself. Encouraged by Levon and Anastasia, I agreed to try out a buffalo burger for the first time. They claim buffalo meat is much more lean and vitamin-rich than regular beef. I thought it was a pretty tasty burger, but must admit to it not tasting much different than beef to me. Oh well, new foods and new experiences are always fun.
Unfortunately, I needed to be back in Salt Lake for some evening obligations, so with full stomachs, we quickly headed to the museum to devour as much history as we could in the remaining time we had left. The museum is huge and has entire wings devoted to Native American history, Buffalo Bill himself, firearms, and natural history. Levon was most interested in the Native American wing, so we spent the entire time in that exhibit area. I was hoping to see some of the other features, but our departure time loomed large, and we needed to leave before we knew it.
Levon and his wife, Anastasia, were starving when we landed, so before hitting the museum, we stopped for lunch in an old hotel/restaurant purported to have been owned/operated by Buffalo Bill himself. Encouraged by Levon and Anastasia, I agreed to try out a buffalo burger for the first time. They claim buffalo meat is much more lean and vitamin-rich than regular beef. I thought it was a pretty tasty burger, but must admit to it not tasting much different than beef to me. Oh well, new foods and new experiences are always fun.
Unfortunately, I needed to be back in Salt Lake for some evening obligations, so with full stomachs, we quickly headed to the museum to devour as much history as we could in the remaining time we had left. The museum is huge and has entire wings devoted to Native American history, Buffalo Bill himself, firearms, and natural history. Levon was most interested in the Native American wing, so we spent the entire time in that exhibit area. I was hoping to see some of the other features, but our departure time loomed large, and we needed to leave before we knew it.
We checked out some shops along the main drag on the way back to the airport and found lots of cheap and cheesy Native American and Wild West stuff being hocked. Levon was hoping to stumble upon a nice gallery, but no such luck. Instead we found a huge stuffed bear for sale. Any takers at $5K? How about a blurry picture instead? Just to be clear, the ugly one is me, the furry one is the bear.
We touched down in Skypark right on time, despite battling a headwind the entire way home. I actually take trips frequently, but never have a camera with me. When we get a nice digital SLR, I’ll have to put our little digital point-and-shoot in my flight bag permanently. Thanks to Levon for remembering his camera!
No comments:
Post a Comment