You know, I'm especially grateful these days to have little ones of my own; kids who delight in the dressing up, the adventure, and of course the candy. After seeing adults holding out bags along with their toddlers, and hearing of one teenage girl ask, "Is that it?" when given her free candy, I'm glad I can look at the sheer excitement on my kids faces and remember why I love to celebrate this holiday.
Maisie was especially excited to dress up for preschool, and wear her Tinkerbell costume for all to see. Ironically, the little boy down the street, who we carpool to preschool with, was Captain Hook.
After debating on a costume for Dany, a very helpful (and creative!) ward member, Becky Shingleton, offered to make a costume for her, and the delightful results are as follows:
Did I mention she also made Maisie's costume for one of her nieces? Thank you Becky!
We all met up at Grandma and Grandpa Rogers house, so we could check out everyone's costumes. Between the three little people, we had some pretty cute kids. Besides our little clown, you can see we had a tiny vampire, and an adorable pumpkin. The big kids dressed as a Broncos football player, a cat lady, and another vampire.
We had a lot of fun parading around the neighborhood, and collecting treats from family and friends. It was especially great hearing Dany say "Twick-a-Pete", to people we talked to.
My favorite part of the fall, however, is the gigantic pile of leaves that accumulates in our front yard, due to the six full grown trees on our property. In the past, we've collected enough leaves at one time to bury me up to my neck. I know I'm short, but that's still a lot of leaves. The day after Halloween, a bunch of the family gathered at our house to bag chocolate, and the kids had free reign of the pile:
Dany especially made use of the pile and had a great time.
After being launched into the mass repeatedly, Dany decided to take revenge on Uncle Matey by tackling him.
But shortly after, she decided to play nice, and gave him a mooch instead:
I love the fall; it truly is my favorite season, which makes it brevity very sad for me. But the fact that it's snowing outside my window helps remind me that there are a lot of good times to be had in these next few months, and I look forward to the coming holidays.
1 comment:
I love their Halloween outfits. Dany looks so cute! I bet Halloween is so much more fun when they know about trick 'r' treating and know that they are dressed up.
Post a Comment