The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Monday, June 1, 2009

Maisie's Preschool Graduation: Year 2

Last Thursday, Maisie graduated from her second year of preschool. I think she had a lot more fun this year, with many returning friends, and a feeling of familiarity with the whole program, and she was definitely sad to see it go.

She even had a little part this year in the program, but due to the fact that her parents didn't think to check the camera batteries beforehand, we didn't get to record what she said. It was pretty cute though, I will say that.

"Pickled things you never make, like pickle pie and pickle cake."

After singing some songs, and reciting a few stories and rhymes, it was time for diplomas.
Maisie's cousin Henry was also a student this year, and he and Maisie both loved their teacher, Miss Linda. She really was an excellent teacher, and it was obvious how much she loved the kids.
This last year of preschool coming to a close is a bit bittersweet, though I don't think Maisie realizes it quite yet. Most of the kids who have been her friends for the past two years won't be attending her same kindergarten, and the close of this chapter means the start of a new one; REAL school. My baby is going to all-day kindergarten this fall, and that's absolutely amazing to me. I have a five year old? I have a five year old!
Congratulations Maisie, we love you!

1 comment:

Wright's said...

we'll need to get these two together anyways. Linda thought Miss. Linda was her best friend, we'll be missing her.