So, the clock is ticking, and I still have no idea what to name this baby. And for those of you who are wondering why I say 'I' instead of 'we', it's because Teag never comes up with any baby names, he simply reserves the right to veto those he hates.
As I mentioned before, I've never had any trouble coming up with a whole plethora of names to choose from for my other girls. We'd show up to the hospital with at least three candidates to choose from, wait til she was born so we could get a good look at her, and then pick a name that suited her the best. I think I secretly knew all along what their names would be; something about being bonded with them for the past nine months would clue me into their personality.
This time around, I'm drawing a blank. This poor kid is going to end up being called Starkeesha, because neither me nor her dad can come up with anything to call her. There are literally millions if not BILLIONS of girl names out there, but for some inexplicable reason, nothing feels right.
What is this kids name? We gleaned both Maisie and Danyn from the Gaelic language, but everything I've seen recently is so difficult to spell, I'm afraid to even try to pronounce them. Like Aoife, what is that? Or Aiobheann. And don't forget Eithne!
I don't worry about my kids having to spell their names for people. Both Teag and I have had to spell our names, first and last, our entire lives, and we survived. But teachers and doctors and what not should at least be able to pronounce their names by sight, even if they can't remember the spelling.
So in the meantime, I suppose I'll be praying for inspiration. I doubt she'd forgive me if we named her Starkeesha Bayly. I really would have to learn how to braid.
Cornrows.
4 comments:
Well, here's my votes, based on the criteria.
Breen - fairy place
Aislinn - deam
Lynell - idol
Breena - strong
Neala - champion
Carys - love
Eira - snow
Bren - raven black haired
Saeth - arrow
Telyn - Harp
Good luck.
Sara
Check you out Sara, doing research on my behalf! What a pal! I'll have to run some of these by Teag, thanks!
At least you have a little more time to decide... or I guess Starkeesha is it. :)
Good luck picking a name! I can't wait to hear the what you decide.
I think finding the right name is so difficult. Jacob actually came home from the hospital with a different name, and then we had to go through the whole process of changing it. Best of luck finding one that suits you.
Post a Comment