As the years went by, the desire to remodel slowly began to turn into more of a need rather than just a want. The bathtub faucet started leaking like crazy, a constant stream of water that we could never get to shut off. The toilet ran all the time. The tub had peeled to the point where I felt like it looked unsanitary, no matter how much you scrubbed it. Then under the sink began to leak, slowly at first, but then more steadily, often soaking underneath the vanity and into the hideous pink carpet. I think the last straw came when Teag went to turn off the hot water valve beneath the sink, and it just snapped off. Completely. Literally everything that could leak water was leaking, and we couldn't even use our sink anymore.
So... as of a few weeks ago, this is now what our bathroom looks like:
That's right baby, ripped down to the studs! Since these photos were taken, Teag has ripped out the 2 ton cast-iron tub, and subfloor. Now, he's actually starting to put things in, which is the best part if you ask me. Though, I must admit it felt REALLY good to watch that carpet/sink/medicine cabinet go. I'll post more pictures as things start to come together, so we can have a record of this momentous event.
Part two of our "construction" is the building of little Mini-Reets. I realized I didn't have any pictures of me with my belly at all, so I figured I better post some for posterity. I'm about 30 weeks when these were taken.
We hope both these projects turn out well, and come in under budget :)
4 comments:
Kerri! You are beautiful! I can't believe how tiny your tummy is! You are so cute pregnant! What fun times. It goes by so fast once they finally come. Our baby is 3 weeks old now! Can't believe it! Good luck to you in the last weeks of pregnancy!
I'm wondering how exactly a baby comes in under budget... You'll have to let me know how that turns out (IF that turns out).
I'm excited to see your pink-carpet-less bathroom. You deserve it!
Love the documentation. I love remodeling and seeing ugly (or not great) areas become beautiful. I can't wait to see your bathroom AND your laundry room.
this is sooo cute!!!
Post a Comment