The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Dany's (Not So) Fieldtrip

Danyn had been going on and on about her upcoming field trip to Discovery Gateway, and really wanted one of us to come with her. I signed up to join her class, since I'd never managed to go on one of Dany's class trips so far. However, the field trip wasn't meant to be. For some reason, no buses showed up; apparently the paperwork got lost in the ether.

Not wanting to have 60 rioting 1st graders on their hands, the teachers decided to walk to Riverside Park, and let the kids have a picnic there.
They got to spend two hours running wild, chasing each other, climbing stuff, shouting, and otherwise being rowdy. Then we all sat down for some food and a little rest.
Walking back turned out to be a bit more of a challenge, as they were all exhausted by then. We did hear a fair few complaints, but I still think the kids had a blast, and it turns out they can reschedule Discovery Gateway to another date, so no harm done.

No comments: