The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Danyn, the Award Winning Writer

I realized that in my flurry of blogging yesterday, I forgot to include Danyn's special moment. Her teacher, Ms. Pfeiffer, has been an incredible mentor and role model for Danyn, and we've been very grateful for her this year.
One of the things she did was have her kids work on their writing. Writing was a very big part of their classroom experience, which I personally put a lot of value on as a truly important life skill. In the course of their writing, the whole second grade at Newman entered the Cesar Chavez contest, and Danyn won 1st place in the entire Salt Lake City School District for Literary Arts, Grades 1-3!
A few of the other kids in her class placed as well, which goes to show how much Ms. Pfeiffer has worked with them. Danyn received a certificate, as well as a gift card for a free meal at Tucanos.
We're very proud of her, and how far she's come this past year. Way to go Dany!

No comments: