Us girls headed straight for Wicked and Colossus, two rides of which Maisie had chickened out on last year. She was determined to master them this go around, and she and Danyn both did, successfully! I was proud of their bravery.
The lines for both of those rides tended to be a little on the long side, so we didn't have too much time before we had to meet up for lunch. We did ride Colossus a second time, and allow ourselves to be squished while giggling uncontrollably on the Music Express.
Meanwhile, Teag was taking the two littles on airplanes, spaceships and roadsters.
After lunch, Rory decided to come with us and do the big pirate ship, and the swings at Turn of the Century. She was incredibly hesitant at first, but I promised her we'd get a double swing so I could ride with her.
She handled it very well, and ended up wanting to go a second time. This go around, she wanted her own swing.
We took another little break to head to the USANA pavilion for ice cream and the drawing.
While kids munched on fudgecicles, Teag actually heard his name called. What was the prize? Four tickets to Lagoon! Not exactly what we'd been hoping for, but better than winning nothing, which is usually the case. After that, we tried to find some rides we could all go on as a family. It seemed like a lot more fun to be together, and we were able to find several things that allowed us to do so, like the dragon roller coaster, and the teacups.
The last few years I've stayed home with Finn, as he was too small to do much, and wouldn't have had the patience for the lines anyway. I was glad for the opportunity to go all together, and to be able to enjoy the kids delight with all the new rides they wanted to try.
No comments:
Post a Comment