The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Monday, June 29, 2015

Rory Graduates Kindergarten!

Rory had her Kindergarten graduation the same day as Finn's birthday. This meant we were scrambling a bit to get there on time, and get a good seat, but we made it with minimal fuss. I love that moment when you're child first spots you in the audience, and they're so excited and proud to have their parents there.
The kids sang a few songs together, and watching how precise Rory tried to be in her choreography was rather endearing.
After that came the fashion show. Rory had decided that she wanted to dress up like a veterinarian, because that's what she wants to be when she grows up. First we've heard of it.
We borrowed a lab coat, gave her a tidy little bun and a stethoscope, and she carried her little animatronic kitty. She looked pretty adorable.
I would be remiss if I didn't mention Rory's Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Robinson. She was absolutely perfect for Rory, and wouldn't put up with the crap that Rory would try to pull on her. At the same time, she was very encouraging of her good traits, and we were incredibly sad to learn that she had chosen to retire this year. I guess that means Finny is out of luck on that score.
Kindergarten was very good to Rory, and we can only pray 1st grade treats her so well!

No comments: