Well, the kids have gone, and now that the dust has begun to settle, I've taken an inventory of the past week with them. One of the things that surprised me the most was how many more groceries we bought. Three loaves of bread, six gallons of milk, and that's just the beginning! I was amazed at how much a six year old boy could eat! As long as there were no fruits or vegetables of course ;)
The other big thing I've noticed is how much more quiet it is around here. Together, Kolby and Maisie could whip up quite the frenzy of noise and chaos, but since Saturday evening, the noise level has dropped considerably.
On the other hand, I've heard Dany say "Ave-wee" at least half a dozen times as she's wandered around the house, and Maisie said on Sunday, "I miss Kolby. We had SO much fun." As for myself, I miss Kolby's little anecdotes, "leaf power", and his energy and enthusiasm. I also miss Avery's ready willingness to cuddle, and the rare smiles we caught when we were playing.
A long and somewhat hectic week, but a lot of fun too in it's own way. I am VERY grateful, however, that I don't actually have 19 month old twins.
1 comment:
You can be thankful and just think about me with 4 kids under the age of 5! I will have the twins! Just think what I have to look forward to. O what fun we will have at our house.
Post a Comment