The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Adventures in Babysitting: Day 5

SUCCESS!!! We've found the secret and the secret is breadsticks. We've discovered something that Kolby not only likes, but gets excited to eat! Breadsticks, Hallelujah!

I decided to take the babies for a walk after dinner, and asked if Kolby wanted to go with me to my mom's house, or stay with Teag and Maisie. He asked, "Is Grandma Rogers the one that has the snacks (fruit snacks, also known as "treats")?" I confirmed that she did, indeed, have snacks, to which he said, "Okay, I'm coming with you."

While at my mom's house, Kolby asked if he could use the bathroom. When he was finished he came out and asked in a very authoritative voice, "Who is wasting electricity?" Apparently, someone had left the light on, and Kolby wasn't about to stand for that. The only energy conscious 6 year old I know.

A few minutes later, for no apparent reason, Kolby shared with us the fact that he wanted to be a baby doctor when he grew up. Uh... okay, that's not exactly your standard fireman or superhero, but that's a respectable enough occupation.

Paging Dr. King.

No comments: