The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Monday, September 8, 2008

Adventures in Babysitting: Day 1

So Teag and I agreed to watch his sisters kids all this week while they were away on a cruise to Alaska. We picked them up around four yesterday, on our way home from the property. It's been less than 24 hours, and yet I've got quite a few interesting gems from Kolby, Tristan's six year old son, that I thought I'd share with y'all.

Things Kolby said/did to get out of eating his dinner:
  1. "I don't like (insert almost any food here)."
  2. "That last bite of carrot, I almost threw up."
  3. "I didn't throw the carrot on the floor, it fell." When I asked why the apple was also on the floor, he said, "It fell too."
  4. "I have to go to the bathroom."
  5. "I have to go to the bathroom again."
I think he started to catch on when he realized that Teag and I aren't too dumb. And that everyone else had left the table and was eating licorice while he lingered over his meal.

Jokes Kolby told me:

Kolby: What do you get if a train crosses the road?"
Me: I have no idea. What?
Kolby: A banana! Ha ha ha ha ha!
Me: Uh...

With six more days to go, I can't wait to see what new entertainments he'll provide.

No comments: