Such a different dynamic with four kids, as opposed to 2. Such craziness.
Monday, around 6, Kolby abruptly decided to go take a nap. When I woke him up about 20 minutes later for dinner, he said his head really hurt, and he went back to sleep. He slept until 8 the next morning, sans dinner, pajamas, everything.
Yesterday, in an effort to find a small bag of beads to add to a little necklace, Maisie unloaded EVERY SINGLE item from out of every basket, off every shelf, including the clothes in her wardrobe, from her room. I have never seen a mess that big in such a tiny space, unless it was the scene of some horrific natural disaster.
Dany and Avery are almost exactly the same age, their birthday's are only five days apart. Dany has always been a little follower, a slightly irritating habit that's caused me to trip over her a few times when I haven't realized she's right behind me. Apparently Avery is also a follower. I was trying to make dinner last night with two 19 month olds dogging my every step. I worried that if I didn't watch myself, I'd end up pinballing one of them into the fridge or the wall. Now I understand what my mom meant when she used the phrase, "I need to wire my butt for brake lights."
I was debating what to make for dinner last night, and I asked Kolby if he liked tacos. "Yes, but I only like meat and ketchup on my taco." Meat and ketchup, huh? How authentic. So far, these are the foods Kolby says he doesn't like: Carrots, cucumbers, eggs (unless they're drowned in ketchup), peanut butter, ramen noodles, tomatoes, cheese, granola bars, lettuce, nuts, Wheat Thins.
Things he does like: Treats, chips, jam sandwiches, ketchup.
On a lighter note, earlier today I turned away from the computer for a moment to witness Dany sitting patiently on the floor while Avery gently combed her hair with a "My Little Pony" brush. The camera wasn't downstairs, and I knew if I got up they'd follow me, so no picture to capture the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment