Dany had her birthday at the first part of February, and it was great fun.
For Christmas, we'd given her a little kitchen set that used to be mine, as sort of a test to see how much she'd actually play with it. Sure enough it became one of her favorite toys, and she asked us for all kitchen-related presents for her birthday. So Teag and I decided to get her a real toy kitchen, that would actually store all the stuff she was getting.
She was crazy excited for it, and all three girls spent hours playing house and cooking up delicious wooden treats with her new food she got from us and Grandma & Grandpa Rogers.
Grandma McKinley also sewed her an apron and oven mitts, which I somehow missed getting a picture of. Now she's got all the gear she needs to play make-believe chef, and all three girls have had a ball with it.
Dany's close friend Tressa stopped by to give her a present that night.
I love that she decorated the wrapping herself. Inside was a princess coloring book with a large pack of markers. I don't think I've seen Dany go a day without coloring with them. That night, Dany had requested a birthday dinner of Dino chickens, and Mac & Cheese. She's about the only one who will eat that, but since it's her birthday we made it for her, along with an apple pie, instead of a cake.
Happy Birthday Dany! Big things are on the horizon for number six!
No comments:
Post a Comment