The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Bayly's Meet the Propiddy

So after we'd talked up the property to Teag's side of the family, the Bayly's decided to give it a whirl in the first part of August. And from all appearances, it was a hit! It met most of the needs/desires of different family members, and it seemed that everyone had a pretty good time.

Like our camp out in June, shooting was a big draw. This time, Tom even brought his AR-15, which both Teag and I were big fans of :).


Aaron was quite the sharpshooter. I think his fluorescent yellow shirt gave him super powers.


See the smoke from his shot?
 

Kris also brought his 4 wheeler and took kids out on rides.
There were games, and crafts, and cousins...




And creatures...
Megan found a horny toad
And a bat
We saw tons of hummingbirds gathered around this feeder
We also checked out the Desert Wave in Price, and had a great time swimming there.




Coleman modeling the latest in swimwear... for ladies

There was also tons of food, and having the bowery made for a much more convenient set up for meal sharing. I think Finn was a fan of this, as it also meant there was always food within arms reach.

 

Though we caught Rory helping herself a time or two as well.

It's quite interesting to see how Finn handles being up there, out of his usual surroundings. He hated being trapped in his pod, or in the swing, so we'd often just put him down and let him play with rocks, or sort of meander. I thought it would hurt his knees to crawl, but he didn't seem to mind. He really buddied up to Uncle Treg, and was always raising his arms to him to get picked up, it was pretty cute.


The Bayly's all had a good time, and were eager to help out by splitting and stacking a bunch of wood, which I'm sure my dad will appreciate :). I think it's likely we'll be up there again next summer!

No comments: