The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Monday, August 24, 2015

Zumba Night Out 2015! Or, the night I met my Zumba Hero, Kass

So, my Zumba friend Natalie told me about this amazing Master class coming up in August that featured one of my all time favorite Zumba people, Kass Martin. The only problem was... it was the day I got home from Girls Camp. Not an insurmountable problem at all, but for anyone who has gone to a full week of Girls Camp, you know just how tired you are when you get home. But I was determined to make it happen. Natalie and I paid for a VIP ticket again, which is something I've never regretted from past Zumbathons, and we anxiously awaited the day. I made sure to take a huge nap once I got back from camp, a feat made much easier by the fact that all the rest of my family was up camping at the property with the Bayly's. Natalie picked me up, and we were off to start our night!
Kass was co-hosting the Master class with another ZES, Steve Boedt. I had never heard of him before this event, but he is an amazing dancer/instructor in his own right. Being a VIP entitled us to a question and answer session beforehand with the two of them, a fantastic opportunity.
As well as a fair few selfies, and group shots.
 Here's one of me on stage, before the event started.
And then we got the "official" photos, with the professional photographer.
After that, it was time to party! It was seriously an amazing night, and so fun to watch these two play off each other.
 If you look carefully in these next few shots, you can see my curly little head in there somewhere.
The only downside to the whole evening was a serious lack of air conditioning. I wore my heart rate monitor, and it was crazy to see afterwards that I spent most of my time up in the red/danger zone, and it was all because of the intense heat. Hopefully something they'll remedy in the future. Other than that, I felt like spent the rest of the night on a total high, feeling jazzed and happy, but also incredibly tired. So glad I have Natalie to share in my Zumba love!

No comments: