The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Monday, August 24, 2015

First Day of School!

Today is the first day of school! It honestly feels like a blessing, as the last few weeks have been a bit rough at our house. Lots of fighting and tattling, whining and other discord. It didn't help that Teag was at Convention and I've been sick with what I'm sure must be the plague. It's lasted forever. Anyway, I think everyone is ready to get back into a bit more of a routine. This year is a bit of a momentous one for Teag and I, as we will have all four kids in school! Hurray for the parents! It's also momentous, as it's Maisie's last year of grade school. She'll be a big Junior High kid next year.
This year Maisie is very excited to have Mrs. Lyon as her teacher, as are we. I think this will be a good year for her. Danyn is starting third grade with an old favorite of ours, Ms. Richards. Maisie had her and we absolutely loved her.
Rory begins first grade with her teacher, Mrs. Carr. We don't know her very well, but we have high hopes.
Finn's school hasn't started yet; he doesn't begin until after Labor Day. We'll post a picture of him then with his own sign, but in the meantime, I wanted to show you how excited he is for his new fox backpack.
He's told anyone who would listen about it. He's very proud.

I'm excited for what this new year will bring, and am looking forward to watching my kids explore their new environments. I hope they'll be able to grow, and flourish and discover new things about themselves.

No comments: