The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Not Exactly a Fish...


Maisie endured her final swim lesson yesterday. For the past seven weeks, she's been going every Tuesday night with her cousin Henry, a plan that both of us moms thought was a spectacular idea. These two are so competitive, they'd try to one-up each other right? Wrong. No, in fact, having a cousin there to watch only served to add to the hysteria. Notice the deathgrips they both have on their very patient teacher:

Now, I don't expect them to be a mini Michael Phelps or anything, but if you'd heard the talk in the car on the way to the pool, you'd have thought they'd both be a little more eager to actually leave the side of the pool, especially as their teacher held them the entire time. "I'm going to be tough, Mom!" "I'm going to jump in!" "Well, I'm going to put my nose in the water!" Look at how "brave" our Little Swimmers are while clinging to the side.









At this point I'm not sure whether or not Maisie is MORE afraid of the water than when we started seven weeks ago. Oh well, at least it was cheap.

1 comment:

Meg Rogers said...

I love this post. So true. You should have sent me some Maisie pics and I would have included her on my post. Kevin is convinced he can do better with Henry, so I am all about sending the two of them to the pool. We'll see just what kind of skills Kev really has.