The flight was smooth and the touchdown on Preston's postage stamp of a runway was uneventful. We were picked up in short order, and our ride warned us on the way to the arena that there was more white trash gathered there than we'd probably seen in our lifetime. The parking lot alone was testament to the truthfulness of her observation. Trucks, big hair and clever print T-shirts* abounded. Still, we were far too curious to turn back now!
1. No hitting the driver's side door (safety)
2. Cannot be immobile (stalled, pinned, or otherwise broken down) for more than 1 minute, or else be disqualified
3. If you do not hit a car for more than 1 minute you're DQ'd
4. The last car moving and/or not DQ'd wins!
We were soon settled on the front row awaiting FC's initial foray into this new world of intentional accidents. I remembered ear plugs for Maisie, and once she had acclimatized to her new surroundings, she was clapping for big crashes and cheering for FC in his driving debut. I was shocked to find her truly enjoying the event! I was equally surprised to find I was entertained by the crashes as well! I must sadly admit that there's some sort of odd WT buried down deep in both of us.
FC took 4th in his heat, but felt cheated by a bad "no hit in 1 minute" call. He felt he was a victim of the good old boy network, and was fired up about it. Here he is leaving the arena. Yes, friends, that's my boss, feather boa and all...
We headed back to the plane and had a smooth and quiet night flight back home. Maisie was asleep in short order and didn't seem to want to ever wake up, dozing with her headset on even as I was pushing the plane back into the hanger. All in all, I must resignedly admit that I had a good time that night. Anyone know where Trailer Trash Anonymous meets?
* A couple of standout gems seen:
"Legalize domestic violence- support your local Demolition Derby"
"I don't need your attitude, I have one of my own"
1 comment:
I was a little disappointed to see Maisie dressed so nicely. Come on Teag, where was the halter top, daisie dukes, and ratted bangs for her?! Next time you'll have to make sure she fits in better!
Post a Comment