The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Monday, October 19, 2009

Harvest Bounty


Peaches: 20 Quarts
Whole Tomatoes: 32 Quarts
Salsa: 20 Pints
Applesauce: 42 Pints
Apple Pie Filling: 7 Quarts

These are the stats from our flurry of canning this fall. It's by far more than we've ever attempted in the past, and our kitchen is a bit worse for wear as a result. We also used almost every jar we owned, as well as some we were given from my mom.  But I must say there is something infinitely satisfying in seeing all that food lined up, overflowing the shelves of our newly-installed downstairs pantry.

And it looks quite perty, if I do say so myself.

5 comments:

Ang said...

Ok, you need to teach me how to can! That looks awesome! How long do you think it will last?

The Bayly's said...

Hmm, tough to say. Now that I have three kids, maybe two years? It will definitely be gone before it goes bad, I can say that for sure!

creatividadsiempre.blogspot.com said...

Way to goo!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Keri, you have been busy. I'm pretty impressed and if you feel like you have too much to store I would be willing to help store them at my house... yum! :)
Love ya, Dena

Michele said...

Wow, I am so impressed. I would love to do that and for some reason "just never get around to it" - that is my yearly excuse. You might have to share your recipes. :)