This past Monday was the first day of school for our little family. A momentous occasion for a couple of reasons. The first being that Maisie is now starting Junior High, and is attending a different school than her siblings!
She's attending 7th Grade at Clayton, a school that is out of our boundaries, thus necessitating she ride the bus. It's been a bit of an adjustment, but I think it's suiting her well, and she seems very happy to be there.
Danyn is now one of the oldest kids in our carpool, starting 4th grade this year at Newman.
She has a new teacher, Mr. Sagers, who we all like, and she has the love of her life in her class. So all is well.
Rory is in 2nd Grade at Newman and has Mrs. Pierce, who has a delightful Southern accent. Rory loves her already, and is enjoying school so far.
The other big change involves Finn, who will start Pre-K at Newman in about a week. That means that for four days a week, all the kids will be in school, and I'll have three hours at home by myself. I never thought this day would come, but I'm turning cartwheels just thinking about it. Yay for school!
No comments:
Post a Comment