The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Newsies!

Ever since I was about eleven, I have loved the movie Newsies. What's not to love really? Cute boys dancing and singing, end of story. I'd heard they'd made it into a Broadway musical, but seeing as I don't exactly live all that close to Broadway, I wasn't sure when I'd get a chance to view it. But then! Thank Heavens for touring! They were coming at the first part of June, and I took it as a sign. A sign that we must enjoy the awesomeness that was this show.

I nearly had a heart attack when the tickets weren't delivered on the day they were supposed to be, nor did they arrive the day after that. A conversation with a ticket agent informed us that their had been some sort of "mix up", and ours, as well as hundreds of other people's reservations had been lost. Luckily, they got us a seat in the same section for the day after our original show .
I felt like going out to dinner and a Broadway caliber show was our reward for surviving our living room remodel.
The show was spectacular, and I was so glad that I got to see it. The theater was WAY to warm though, and that ended up making for a rather uncomfortable time. Still, I managed to score myself a sweet Newsies hoodie, so I'd call that a success!

No comments: