The Bayleaves

The Bayleaves

Friday, May 27, 2016

Celtic Woman

From the time I first saw them on a PBS special, I've been in love with Celtic Woman. I think a part of my soul must be Irish or something, I love that style of music. Teag and I have now been to four of their concerts, and the year that they came here and I didn't buy tickets, I was very sad. Most all of the original women have left, short of the spectacular fiddle player Mairead Nesbitt, but seeing them live is still well worth it.

Our seats this year may have been the best we've ever had, they were really close to the stage. Close enough that we could go take pictures in front of it without having to walk more than a few feet.
The girls all have amazing clear voices, and getting to hear them speak with their Irish lilt is such a treat.
When they sang Amazing Grace, the bagpiper walked right past us! I could have peeked underneath his kilt, I was so close!
 I got this next shot by accident, but it's pretty epic as far as bagpipers go.
It was fun to hear the songs from their new album, and to become familiar with the new girls and their sounds. It was especially nice as Teag has been so stressed with working on the living room. I"m grateful that we had the opportunity to go together to see it.

No comments: