Since Ree's birthday was on a Sunday this year, we celebrated a bit early. So on that Saturday, I once again made her Eggs Benedict and fresh fruit for birthday brunch, and she went once more for a pedicure. I also tracked down her most recent favorite treat discovery from Arizona: Ben and Jerry's Pistachio ice cream. I had to go to 3 stores to finally find it, but it was worth it for her birthday! Later that evening, she chose to see the new Captain America: Civil War movie (I swear she really did choose that) and dinner at Texas Roadhouse (again, I swear she chose that!).
On her actual birthday, she was given some home spa love from her kiddos after church. Yes, Maisie and Danyn both put on all black clothes (name tags included), created a "menu" of services, laid out Ree's bathrobe, and proceeded to pamper their Mom in the best way they knew how. Even Finny got in on some foot rub action! It was an excellent idea for a gift from them, and very well-received, I believe.
For her birthday treat she chose pumpkin pie instead of a birthday cake, so I set about clumsily making pie crusts the best way I could. It was a good reminder to me to not take Ree's excellent pie-making skills and talents for granted! Check out those ham-fisted, uneven crusts!
With pumpkin pies safely in the oven, I set about making grilled salmon, asparagus, and baby red mashed potatoes for birthday dinner part II. Before long, it was time for singing, pie, and presents.
This year, all the eggs went in one basket for a new wedding ring Ree had been eyeing for a while. She still didn't want a solitaire, so she chose an elegant and subtle almost leaf-like style. I hope she enjoys it for years to come!
Happy Birthday, Ree! You are an amazing person both inside and out. You make our family what it is! We love you and appreciate all the incredible things you do for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment