My Zumba buddy Natalie does a Zumbathon fundraiser every year for the past few years to earn money for the LLS. Her husband has had Lymphoma twice, two different kinds several years apart, and they feel very strongly about the good work that the LLS does for people exactly like them. This year Natalie asked me if I would come up on the stage with her during her songs, as she knows I've pretty much memorized all of her moves. I was very flattered and also very nervous/excited. I got to spend most of the time down on the floor with the rest of the participants enjoying the various styles of the other instructors.
I wanted to make sure I wasn't too tired for our songs, which were coming right at the end. It's important to project high energy when you're up in front of the crown, and I didn't want to disappoint.
Unfortunately, none of the pictures are very good, but you get a general idea. It was a ton of fun, and I'm glad Natalie gave me the opportunity to be a part of it in that way. She raised over $500 for the LLS, and everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves.
For all intents and purposes, a very successful event.




No comments:
Post a Comment